Affordable Rates for Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance.
New in business or established, we can help you Save Money!
States: Florida – Georgia. Call us at 866-454-9555 for a quote.
What is Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance
Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance is a unique type of commercial auto insurance program, designed specifically for para-transit services, and ambulatory transportation. This policy is structured according to insurance companies classification of pre-scheduled arrangement pick-up.
The NEMT policy is intended specifically for businesses providing door-to-door transportation services, typically from customers’ homes to a designated medical facility. Transportation includes disabled people and for elderly patients, none of whom are able to drive their own cars.
The type of NEMT vehicles we insure:
- Standard sedan vehicle.
- Van equipped with a stretcher.
- Van equipped with a wheelchair lift or ramp.
What are State of Florida license requirements for NEMT companies:
Para-transit service companies are normally get paid by hospitals, medical clinics, medicare, medicaid, and private pay. Therefore, the State and each local County Government Agencies have a mandatory order that requires all medical transportation companies to carry a specific N.E.M.T. insurance policy limit of $300,000 to protect local passengers during transportation.
What type of Insurance do I need for Ambulatory Transportation:
- Auto physical Coverage – This coverage reimburses your company in the event of a theft or accident of your vehicle.
- General liability policy – to cover your business against any lawsuit filed by a passenger traveling in your vehicle, against your driver for reckless driving.
- Professional Liability Insurance – it covers your passengers against any physical and sexual abuse, acted by your employees during transportation.
- Commercial Automobile Insurance – to protect your passenger’s during transportation between the two locations, in the event of an accident, they get injured in your vehicle.
Does Florida mandate Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
Yes, Florida local government authorities mandate that to all non-emergency medical transportation companies, to carry commercial auto insurance policy, with a minimum limit of $300,000 per policy. The reason for these rules is:
- What happens if your vehicle accidentally breaks down during a trip, and your passenger gets injured in your vehicle?
- What happens if your reckless driver unintentionally injured a passenger riding in your vehicle?
These scenarios can trigger a Liability lawsuit to You. Risk is something that an insurance policy can help you offset the loss. It is important to evaluate the financial risk your company might face and pursue to get a proper insurance policy.
What to do next before renewing your NEMT Insurance Policy:
Call us today to check our rates for non emergency medical transportation insurance; underwritten by reliable N.E.M.T. carriers in Florida. Or call G. Zein Insurance Services to discuss Insurance plans and options. Contact us now at (866) 454-9555, (954) 454-9599 or email to email@example.com.
6 types of coverage NEMT Insurance policy offer:
- Commercial Auto Liability – This coverage protects your company against third-party claim. Also, It covers your passengers medical expenses for bodily injury caused by an accident while riding in your vehicle.
- Comprehensive and Collision Coverage – This coverage indemnifies you for any physical damage done to your vehicle in the event of a theft or accident.
- Hired Auto Insurance – To protect your company in the event you hired, leased, rented, or borrowed a vehicle to service your business.
- Non-Owned Auto Insurance – To cover your company in the event, one of your employees used his vehicle to conduct business on your behalf.
- Uninsured Motorist – This coverage pays for bodily injury treatment to your passengers when your vehicle gets involved in an accident, whereas the other vehicle carries no auto liability insurance.
- Loading & Unloading of Passengers – This type of coverage is covered under a professional liability policy, and it is designed to cover your passengers in the event your employees unintentionally caused physical injury during helping passengers get into or out of your vehicle.
NEMT insurance policy is important to your business:
- It protects your employees and your business against legal obligation of paying out medical expenses because of an accident caused inside your vehicle, to passengers sitting in your car during transit.
- It ensures that your business remains compliant with the local government license mandate to carry a liability insurance program when operating a medical transportation business.
8 factors to save money on your Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance:
- Having multiple vehicles helps you get additional discounts.
- Hire drivers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and a clean driving record.
- Additional discounts are available for having a continuous policy with a 3 years claim-free.
- Instruct your drivers on a weekly basis to drive safely, so you can minimize exposure to any accident.
- Ask you drivers to take an on-line training course in CPR & Basic First, it helps minimize liability exposures to your company.
- Proof of monthly maintenance of your vehicles. This is an indicating to Underwriter that you are well managing your transportation business.
- Ask your drivers to take an on-line training course for Passenger Service and Safety (P.A.S.S.), this course is required by the State of Florida, and it helps reduce exposure to a liability lawsuit.
- Install two cameras inside your vehicle to record any incident that occurs during transportation; it helps you monitor your drivers’ behavior, and assist your insurance company, determining the legitimacy of a reported claim against your company.
Is your NEMT business insured today
We are here to help you evaluate your current insurance policy. Since the cost of this NEMT insurance policy typically is high, now it is the right time to shop for a comparable non emergency medical transportation insurance rates and Coverages. Call us today at (954) 454-9599, we are here to help!
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.