Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance
Serving States: Florida – Georgia
When you are in the business of transporting passenger with a medical condition from home to the doctor’s office, arranged on a pre-scheduled appointment, then you need to protect your transportation business with a special policy called non-emergency medical transportation insurance.
Why do you need this type of commercial Auto Insurance policy?
This specialized commercial auto insurance policy ensures passengers sitting in your vehicle during transit, with a liability limit up to $300,000, $500,000, or $1 million for bodily injury, which your employees may accidentally cause to your passengers, whom you transport from their homes to the medical facilities.
This non-emergency medical transportation insurance policy you purchase through G. Zein Insurance Services does protect your company against any lawsuit filed by your passengers, claiming that:
- If your driver was driving carelessly; then, your passenger suffer physical & emotional pain.
- Or, your driver may get involved in an accident and caused additional bodily injury to passengers.
- Or during loading or unloading of a disabled passenger on wheelchair into your vehicle, your passenger fall off the wheelchair.
Why is non emergency medical transportation insurance an expensive policy?
Typically, the 1st three years, non-emergency medical transportation insurance carriers do charge a higher premium due to the minimum experience you may experience in this transportation industry. Therefore, it might cause insurance companies to defend you in the event of a lawsuit and eventually cost them to pay a large sum of money to settle any claim.
Is it required by the local county to carry passengers Ambulatory Insurance in Florida?
- Yes, if you are in the business of transporting passengers with a medical condition, the local county does require all transportation companies to comply with the County regulations, and carry specialized commercial vehicle insurance with a minimum of $300,000 policy limit.
- Furthermore, if you acquire a written contract with a transportation providers in Florida, you are required to carry these type of Insurance policies, in addition to a general liability insurance policy. also it is mandatory to name these providers as an additional insured on your policy to protect their interest.
6 Tips to reduce your Insurance cost?
- Do hire drivers with a minimum of two years experience, driving a vehicle equipped with a wheelchair lift or stretcher, make sure they have a clean driving record.
- Encourage your drivers to obtain first aid certification, including CPR.
- Encourage your employees to be patient with passengers in a wheelchair, especially when entering your vehicle.
- Service your vehicles every month by checking all mechanical parts.
- Instruct your employees to drive within the speed limit to minimize any possible accidents that might harm the passengers.
- Do check periodically your employee’s driving record to ensure compliance with your insurance company requirements.
What to do Next to obtain a non emergency medical transportation insurance quote?
For more Insurance questions and the cost of non-emergency medical transportation insurance in Florida, feel free to call us at (866) 454-9555 or (954) 454-9555, we are here to help you get proper coverage and affordable premium.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.